Congratulations to GROSCHE for being honoured as a ‘Best for the World’ B Corp!
Most companies aim to be the best in the world, but today more and more companies are striving to be the best FOR the world. This is why each year B Corporation honours the businesses that are true to their values through the ‘Best for the World’ list. These businesses have been awarded a score in the top 10% of all Certified B Corporations based on the B Impact Assessment.
We are very excited to share the news that our friends at GROSCHE have made the list for 2016, specifically for their Environmental Assessment score. Congratulations!!
Here are some of the ways that GROSCHE is leading the way:
- Switching to LED lighting in their warehouse and office reducing energy usage by almost 40%
- Installing a simple but efficient air exchange system that cuts their A/C use by almost 90%
- Offsetting emissions and being a Carbon Neutral operation since 2012
- Planted over 5,000 trees through their reforestation project to offset footprint
- Reuse shipping materials to reduce waste
- Initiated compost and recycling program for neighboring tenants
- Weight their waste weekly and target an 80% landfill diversion rate
- Consolidate shipments to optimize international shipments
- Put green energy back onto the grid the grid to match the amount used by their facilities via Bull Frog Power
- Fully funded a banana plantation project in South Sudan where 400 banana trees have been planted
- Created the two most eco-friendly French presses in the world
- Dresden French press- made with 50% recycled plastic & packaged with over 50% recycled paper
- Terra French press- made with 75% recycled plastic & packaged with over 50% recycled paper
- A tree is planted for every Dresden & Terra French press sold
Hopefully you had the chance to chat with Helmi or Shah at our past show, but if you aren’t familiar with GROSCHE now is the time. You can make your fair trade tea or coffee taste even more sustainable with their line of infusers and french presses. Plus every product purchased supports the Safe Water Project. Check out the video below to learn a bit more about it.